Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Tuesday September 12

    Another very busy day. We arrived at the hospital around 8:25am, and left at 11pm.We did 9 cases today, which is a lot for us at JFK. There are a number of factors which cause delays, many of which are just inherent in the system and the constraints under which we labor. So I try to remain calm, and not let my impatience overrule my understanding; it is what it is, and its getting better with each visit. The cases we did included a hernia, a hydrocele, a colostomy on a 3 day old baby with an imperforate anus, a partial mastectomy for a large breast mass, and biopsy of a large pelvic tumor in a 19 year old man. In between cases we saw more people wanting surgery, but our time is running short. We have mapped out a schedule thru Friday when we leave, and our days will be filled. But its all good. I'm going to cut this short because its midnight and I need to sleep !

No comments:

Post a Comment